Vaginal Cancer

What Is Vaginal Cancer? What Causes Vaginal Cancer?

Vaginal Cancer is a rare type of gynecologic cancer that forms in the vaginal tissue of women. About 2,000 women are affected in the United States each year and there are two primary types of vaginal cancer: squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma.

Vaginal squamous cell carcinoma arises from the thin, flat squamous cells that line the vagina. This is the most common type of vaginal cancer. It is found most often in women aged 60 or older.

Vaginal adenocarcinoma arises from the glandular (secretory) cells in the lining of the vagina that produce some vaginal fluids. Adenocarcinoma is more likely than squamous cell cancer to spread to the lungs and lymph nodes. It is found most often in women aged 30 or younger.

What are the symptoms or signs of Vaginal Cancer?

A symptom is something the patient senses and describes, while a sign is something other people, such as the doctor notice. For example, drowsiness may be a symptom while dilated pupils may be a sign.

In reference to vaginal cancer, abnormal vaginal bleeding presents itself after sexual intercourse and/or in women who have completed menopause. It is the most common symptom of vaginal cancer and is often one of the first symptoms experienced. Postmenopausal and post-coital bleeding are vague symptoms that are also commonly present in many other gynecologic diseases and conditions.

Although vaginal discharge is common in many women and often not a concern, abnormal or unusual vaginal discharge, with or without a blood-tinge or odor, can be symptoms of vaginal cancer. This is incredibly rare, and much more likely to be due to something much less worrisome, but it should be evaluated by a doctor.

A woman may also may be urinating more frequently, and it is important to determine the cause of it. This may be related to an increase in fluid intake, the consumption of caffeinated beverages, or presence of a urinary tract infection, but this can also be caused by more serious conditions. Changes in urination can also include pain during urination and blood in the urine. Though the presence of blood may not always be able to be detected by the naked eye, some women may notice pink tinges/streaks in their panties or when wiping with toilet tissue.

Pelvic pain generally occurs when vaginal cancer has begun to spread. Pelvic pain can be described as pain or pressure felt anywhere in the abdomen below the navel. It may be intermittent or constant. Many women describe pelvic pain as a dull ache that may include sharp pains.

A vaginal mass that can be felt either personally or by a physician can be a symptom of vaginal cancer. There can be several causes of vaginal masses, including vaginal cysts. A biopsy may be necessary to determine if the mass is cancerous or not.
Finally, changes in bowel function can indicate many conditions, including vaginal cancer. As vaginal cancer progresses, women may experience chronic constipation, black/tarry stools, and a feeling as if the bowels have not been completely emptied after having a bowel movement.

What are the causes of Vaginal Cancer?

Unfortunately, at this time, researchers don't know exactly what causes vaginal cancer. They have, however, identified several risk factors for vaginal cancer. A risk factor is an activity or condition that is associated with another illness.

Risk factors for vaginal cancer include being 30 or younger, or 60 and over or being infected with the HPV virus.

In some women, stretching of the pelvic ligaments may cause the uterus to sag into the vagina or even extend outside the vagina. This condition is called uterine prolapse and can be treated by surgery or by wearing a pessary, a device to keep the uterus in place. The use of a vaginal pessary can lead to higher cancer risk and finally, exposure to synthetic hormone DES while in the mother's womb can increase risk.

Diagnosing Vaginal Cancer

In a basic physical exam the patient discloses any symptoms, medications, and family medical history that may be useful.

During a pelvic exam, the doctor will look and feel for abnormalities. During a pelvic exam, a Pap smear is routinely performed.

A colposcopy may be done if the Pap indicated abnormal results or if the doctor saw something that appeared to be abnormal during the Pap smear.

During a biopsy, small tissue samples are taken and then examined by a pathologist. A biopsy is commonly done during a colposcopy. A local anesthetic is used to ease discomfort and pain.

If vaginal cancer is confirmed, several more tests will be done to determine what stage the disease has progressed to.

Everyone's experiences differ when diagnosed with cancer. Coping with a new diagnosis can be difficult, but learning early on how to cope with cancer will provide you with strength and positive outlook you will need during treatment and beyond.

What are the treatment options for Vaginal Cancer?

Cancer treatment can involve one or several different treatments. Radiation therapy, and chemotherapy are standard methods of treatment in many types of cancer.

Before any treatment regimen, a patient should become aware of what to expect, side effects, and the risks and benefits of treatment. The more educated one is about cancer treatment, the better a woman can communicate with your healthcare team and be proactive in treatment decisions.

Surgery is sometimes used to remove the cancer, but most patients are in fact treated with radiation. If the tumor is cervical cancer that has spread to the vagina, then radiation and chemotherapy are both given.

Sarcoma botryoides may be at times treated with a combination of chemotherapy, surgery, and radiation. Sarcoma botryoides are malignant mesenchymomas that form grapelike structures and are most common in the vagina of infants.

Preventing Vaginal Cancer

The best way a woman can reduce her risk factor for developing vaginal cancer is to try to avoid being infected with HPV, a sexually transmitted virus. HPV is an extremely common virus. In fact, about 80% of women are infected by the age of 50.

HPV can cause many types of cancer, including cervical cancer. Researchers believe there may be a link between vaginal cancer and HPV..

 

3 comments:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis,Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,
    ​Esophageal cancer,​Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,​Hodgkin lymphoma
    ​Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,​Multiple myeloma,​Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,​Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,​Sinus cancer,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer
    ​Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,​Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,​Vulvar cancer
    Bipolar Disorder, ​
    Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Anal cancer.Appendix cancer.
    ,Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer.
    Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis
    Alzheimer's disease,Brain cancer.Dementia.Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, ..WhatsApp phone number+ 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
    His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gm‎ail.com  

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with Herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for permanent treatment.I'm here to appreciate Dr James for using his herbal medicine to cure my herpes virus. Is about 3 years and 6 months now I have been living with this virus inside of me and it have really really been a serious problem to me, I was so confused cause I have been taking several drugs to be cure but all of my effort was in vain, one morning I was browsing the internet then I saw several testimonies about Dr James curing people from herpes virus / HIV AIDS and Immediately I contacted Dr James on his email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com. I told him about my problems and he told me that I must be cured. He gave me instructions and which I rightly followed, so he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me through DHL courier service, which I used (MORNING AND EVENING) for 2 weeks and I was cured. everything was like a dream to me and my herpes was permanently cured. Dr James thank you, I don't know if there is anyone out here suffering from herpes virus or any KIND OF diseases LIKE... HIV/AIDS, DIABETES, CANCER,RECTUM EFFECTS, BOWEL OBSTRUCTION, HERPES, HEPATITIS A&B, CARDIAC DISEASES, CHRONIC DISEASES, YELLOW FEVER, EPILEPSY, LUPUS, STROKE, SPINAL CORD, ECZEMA, KIDNEY DISEASES, ACME, BACK PAIN, DENGUE SCHIZOPHRENIA, APOLLO,MULTIPLES SCLEROSIS, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, VAGINAL DISCHARGING, ARTHRITIS, MENINGITIS itchy' contact.Doctor James and be free from your diseases because I am a living testimony, Dr James, is very good and honest herbalist doctor, he is also known as the Great herbal cure master for herbal root. Contact him now via his email: (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com) (whatsapp or call him on +2348152855846

    ReplyDelete

Share |